It is our mission at Q-West Transcription to provide our clients with the highest-quality, accurate and timely medical transcription while following the proper protocols to ensure the confidentiality of patient records as outlined by HIPPA regarding Electronic Transmission of Patient Information.
What is HIPAA?
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) was a result of congressional healthcare reform proponents to reform healthcare. The HIPAA legislation has four primary objectives.
- Assure health insurance portability by eliminating job-lock due to preexisting medical conditions
- Reduce healthcare fraud and abuse
- Enforce standards for health information
- Guarantee security and privacy of health information
Of the four primary objectives outlined above, the last objective has the most impact on the medical transcription industry – to guarantee security and privacy of health information. Q-West Transcription service meets this objective by providing secure HIPAA-compliant medical transcription services to all medical specialties, including:
- Single doctor office practices
- Large or small multispecialty clinics
- Outpatient surgery centers
- Radiology groups
- Medical-Legal Practices
Q-West Transcription will provide your facility with HIPAA-compliant electronic delivery of your medical records, which includes:
- 24-hour or less turnaround time
- STAT services when needed
- Unlimited storage and retrieval capacity of your files
- Toll-free phone dictation option
- Hand-held dictation option with files uploaded through our website
- Unparalleled customer service
- Competitive pricing with verifiable billing
Please contact Q-West Transcription today for more information about medical transcription billing and our affordable, high-quality service. Let us show you how you can reduce costs and increase productivity by out-sourcing your transcription to Q-West Transcription.